Saturday, February 20, 2010

What I Ate: Treat Restaurant

Last night I went out for a lovely evening with all of mine and Ed's best friends. We were celebrating both of our birthdays that took place earlier this week. We ate at a small place called Treat in Logan Square here in Chicago. It is a unique contemporary joint with heavy Indian influences in all the dishes.


I had the curried gnocchi (served with gingered raisins, mint, and spinach), but I had more than my share of bites from a friend's plate who had the special - tandoori Cornish hen served with couscous, fava beans, and cranberry chutney. Many guests at the party got the lamb burger (which comes dressed in roasted red peppers, cilantro chutney, and herb aioli). Best part - it is BYOB, which makes the price point just perfect! And, I can't wait to go back on a Saturday or Sunday to try their brunch (half orders of French toast is the most genius thing I have ever heard). They do a great job here, and I would definitely recommend it to someone looking to try something a little off the beaten path.

No comments:

Post a Comment