Thursday, February 11, 2010

What I Ate: Salsa Verde

I just made Salsa Verde for the first time, and I think it came out pretty great. I am making cheese stuffed poblano peppers and black bean tacos tonight to go with it! Everything in my version is fresh, but the addition of roasting the ingredients would certainly add a nice depth of flavor. Below is a summery of how I made it.



First of all, I don't have a food processor (yet), so I used my blender on the lowest setting. It still came out the right consistency (nice and chunky, but even throughout). This recipe is so easy (I mean really - just blend) and is worth the effort. Compared to a store-bought salsa verde, this version is so much brighter in color and flavor - so fresh!

4-6 medium Tomotillos
1 Sm Clove of Garlic
1 Small White Onion
1 Handful of Fresh Cilantro
1/2 Fresh Jalapeno (use more to make it spicier)
1 Lime
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil (small drizzle)

Peal the paper-y skin off the fresh tomotillos, wash, and chop roughly. Add a couple of the tomotillos and the juice of the lime to the blender and blend (this is just to get it going as not to clog the blender blades). Add the rest of the ingredients (all chopped roughly) to the blender and blend (only for 30 seconds or so). Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment