Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yumzies

There is a new company called Macaron Chicago baking up some delectable sounding varieties of the traditional French merinque cookie - Macarons. Currently, they are only selling them at the Logan Square Farmers Market or through mail order. I can't wait to try them, what with flavors like apple cider, pecan honey, chocolate orange, and caramel fleur de sel - my mouth is watering!



On a similar (but separate) note - apparently Starbucks carried this adorable package of French macarons throughout December. The location nearest me still has a couple boxes on its shelf, but from what I have read they are just so-so. I can't imagine a mass produced and shipped package of this type of cookie would work so well, as they are fairly delicate and stale quickly. Maybe if they go on sale, I will try them...



Check out my previous post about Laduree that made these cookies famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment