Saturday, January 17, 2009

1,2,3,4

So I thought my first post would be to tell you about a project I recently worked on. Just after Christmas, I helped make the new Plain White T's music video. It think it turned out really great, and am proud to have been a part of it. Mike Venezia did an amazing job directing, filming, and editing. Below is the video as well as the story behind the video in Tom's words. Watch, enjoy, love...

Plain White T's - 1, 2, 3, 4 - Official Music Video (HQ)


http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=50460866

A couple weeks ago I was out to lunch with my friend Mike at Portillo's. The Christmas buzz was wearing off and we were throwing around ideas of making a fun, youtube style video for 1,2,3,4. After brainstorming for a while we came up with the idea of heading into Chicago armed only with a camera and a guitar. He would film me breaking out the guitar and playing the song at random locations around the city. The focus however, would be on the people who stopped to watch. The song is a simple love song so we wanted to capture various little love stories throughout Chicago, and feature them in the video. We had no idea how it was gonna turn out- Would anyone even stop at all? Would I get mobbed? Would people give permission to be filmed? Was this even a cool idea? We had no clue what was gonna happen, but the next day we ventured out to do it. We made a pact that we would give it our best shot and just roll with it. Whatever happened we would just edit together and put up online. So we went around the city freezing our butts off (it was 18 degrees outside) following through with the plan and meeting some great people. After about seven hours in the cold we called it a day and drove back to the burbs. I was honestly concerned my ears were gonna fall off, that's how cold I was! Needless to say they didn't, and after a week of editing Mike sent me his first cut of the video. I almost cried. I couldn't believe how perfectly it captured the sentiment of the song. I knew we had something here, so we showed it to the guys in the band, our managers, and our label. They all loved it and now this simple idea we thought of over lunch and filmed the next day is getting all this hype before anyone has even seen it! We made this video for you, for the fans, so enjoy it with love, from the Plain White T's.

No comments:

Post a Comment